Site last updated 23 September 2016.
Welcome to the Society's New Website which was developed as part of a wider programme of activities to commemorate and celebrate the Society's Centenary Anniversary in 2011/2012. This programme has received funding through the Rural Development Plan for Wales 2007-2013 which is funded by the Welsh Assembly Government and the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. (Cyllidwyd y prosiect hwn yn rhannol drwy Gynllun Datblygu Gweldig I Gymru 2007-2013 a ariennir gan Lywodraeth Cynulliad Cymru a’r Gronfa Amaethyddol Ewrop ar gyfer Datblygu Gwledig.)
(See European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
The new web site provides on line search facilities to the Society's Index to the Transactions 1913-1985
and to the Bibliography of Anglesey
, both compiled by Dewi O. Jones. Both are essential starting points in hunting down information about the history of the Island and as part of the Centenary Celebration we are working to bring them up to date.
On some pages icons are shown at the head of the page:
- Clicking on the icon will generate a 'printer friendly' page without the side bar and top banner.
Any links on the page will still be live if you want to follow them.
- Clicking on the icon will create a PDF of the page without the side bar and top banner. You can either open the file immediately and then save it if you want to, or you can save it without viewing it. (You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer to open it).
Any links on the page will be preserved within the PDF file.
These options will not work on pages generated from a search term that you have entered on one of the searchable index pages but they will work with the A-Z lists on the Transactions - Subject Index page. To print the results of search generated from your chosen search term use one of these options:
- If you wish to print part of an index you can highlight the section you want to print and then click 'Selection' in the Print Range option on your Print dialogue box. This will limit what is printed to the area you highlighted.
- You could cut and paste highlighted sections into a word processor file and then use that facility to control what is printed and how. This option allows you to save the information you want to use.
- You could install a 'print to PDF' printer driver on your computer. With one of these installed you can choose to create a PDF file of a section you have highlighted. (A PDF printer driver will make it possible for you to create a PDF of anything you would normally printout from any program you wish to print from). A suitable PDF printer driver, free for personal use, is available from bullzip.com.