Centenary Celebration Weekend 5/6 November 2011
rheolwr22, Friday 15 April 2011 - 16:37:00
A weekend of events at two of Anglesey's outstanding historic houses, Plas Newydd
and Plas Coch.
Saturday 5th November
- Day Conference at Plas Newydd; 9.00 - 5.00
The conference will be held in the Music Room at Plas Newydd and will be chaired by Frances Lynch Llewellyn. The theme is Anglesey in Welsh History and there are four eminent speakers:
- David Longley - The Long Sixth Century: Maelgwyn to Cadwallon - Anglesey and its wider connections.
- Professor Ralph Griffiths - Anglesey and the wider world 1300-1550.
(Paper read by Ann Benwell)
- Dr David Jenkins - The rule of the Copper Kingdom.
- Peter Lord - Artisan painting from Wales to America 1720-1860: Edward Owen of Penrhos to Williams Roos of Amlwch.
Cost: £25, including lunch.
- Evening Reception in the Music Room at Plas Newydd; 6.00 - 8.00 pm
There is no charge for this event but it is essential to book a place.
Sunday 6 November
- Heritage Slow Food and History Lunch at Plas Coch; 12.30 - 3.00 pm
A feast of Anglesey's finest foods and historic heritage, celebrating the Society's Centenary at this unique 16th Century Elizabethan Mansion, courtesy of Plas Coch's owners, with the support of Menter Môn, Bwtri and Slow Food Dros-y-Fenai.
Special discounted price to members of the Society's : £15.00.
Due to space and catering limitations members wishing to attend these activities will need to book in advance. It is first come, first served for tickets.
The booking form posted to members in May should be returned to Mrs Ann Benwell, (Meetings Secretary) 27 Ty Mawr, Porthaethwy, Ynys Môn LL59 5LJ (Tel: 01248 712967). Late bookings may be possible if members who have booked drop out.
this content item is from Anglesey Antiquarian Society
( http://www.hanesmon.org.uk/aas/plugins/content/content.php?content.76 )